Friday, July 18, 2014

Running in NYC

I recently moved to NYC! Never thought I would end up here, or that I ever wanted to live here. It's crazy how life can be so surprising. I was a little worried about being able to run in New York. I wasn't sure if it would be as enjoyable. But now that I am here I couldn't be happier.

I often run at Central Park in NY. It is one of the most beautiful parks I have ever been to. I have so much fun running at this park. It is pretty crowded there. But it's kind of fun to see so many different types of people, enjoying running and biking and just being outside.

I do have to take the subway to get to Central Park so I run there about once a week. I live in Flushing, NY in Queens. The rest of the time I run at Flushing Meadows-Corona Park. My runs there are very enjoyable also. I am surprised how much fun I have had run in NYC so far. Running makes me feel so happy. And I also like how it makes me look...

I haven't found a gym in the area yet. I've still been lifting a little bit though. There is a lot of stuff you can do without a gym. There is another park right next to my apartment that has a playground and a small track. On the playground I can do pull ups and dips, run some quick sprints around the track and do some lunges. When I get done with that I go back home and do push ups, abs, my booty exercises and lift some free weights. I really have been able to stay in great shape without the gym even. I don't plan on getting a gym membership until it starts getting colder out. I enjoy being able to do more of my workouts outside.

I feel like I've gotten more fit since I've been in NY because I walk so much besides my normal workout routine. I can get everywhere here by walking and taking the subway. Since I moved here, I've sold my car since I have no need for it. I hate driving anyways.

I hope my blog inspires you to get active and fit! You will feel so much better and you will also look better. But consistency is key when it comes to working out. Your not gonna get in perfect shape overnight. Go out there and get active and have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment